en_Republic Of Cyprus
Something about Republic of Cyprus
The Republic of Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean, known as Europe’s tourist heaven via attracting to more than 4 million visitors each year. As an island country with a developed economy, excellent infrastructure and a high human development index, Cyprus has been accepted as an official member of the Common Wealth Countries from 1961; Became an official member of the European Union (EU) on 1 May 2004 and 1 January 2008 Cyprus joined the Eurozone (Eurozone) The Republic of Cyprus possesses by a beautiful natural scenery such as: stretched coastlines, smooth golden sand beaches, crystal clear sea water; Rocky hills; Coniferous forests of color; The majestic Troodos Mountains with the 1,952m height of Olympus Peek then turning this place into an ideal skiing destination when winter comes.
Here are some basic facts you need to know about Cyprus:
- Country name: Cyprus
- Independence Day: October 1, 1960.
- Area: 9,251 km2
- Capital: Nicosia
- Population: 1,141,166 (2013)
- Highest point: Olympus Peak (1,952m)
- Major cities: Nicosia; Larnaca; Limassol; Paphos.
- Climate: Waters and Antarctic tropics with more than 300 sunny days / year and average temperature of 24 ° C.
- GDP per capita: $ 34,970 Ranked 35th by TG by the International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Primary Language: English (80%); The Greek language; Turkish.
- Political regime: Democratic Republic
- Economy: Cyprus is one of the fastest recovering countries in the EU since the 2012 economic crisis via the government’s incentive program for investment in settlements and taxes collected. Taking huge investment capital from foreign investors to invest and set up business in Cyprus. Real estate prices in this country have been increasing steadily in recent years.
- Education: Cyprus is the third most-capitalized investment country in the EU after Sweden and Denmark.
- Cuisine: Cypriot cuisine is a typical representative of the Mediterranean culinary color; Famous for its meat-based dishes, fresh seafood, vegetable salad with traditional Halloumi cheese and olives.
- Currency unit: Euro
- CH Cyprus is a member of international organizations:
- AustraliaGroup, CN, CE, CFSP, EBRD, EIB, EU, FAO, IAEA, IBRD, ICAO, ICC, ICCT, ITUC, IDA, IFAD, IFC, IHO, ILO, IMF
- IMO, Interpol, IOC, IOM, IPU, ITU, MIG, NAM, NSG, OPCW, OSCE, PCA, UN, UNCTAD, UNESCO, UNHCR, UNIDO, UPU, WCL, WCO, WFTU, WHO, WIPO, WMO, WTO, WTO.